Introducing Rudy Pesik: member of the INS Indonesia Board
Rudy J. Pesik is a familiar name but it is not easy to define this particular person. Just imagine that at present Rudy, a Manadonese born in Singapore on April 2, 1941, is the founder and chairman of over 70 companies with 250 branch offices in Indonesia and 15 other countries.
The list of his positions is long. Outside of business, Rudy is involved in a number of projects, such as the restoration of the old city of Batavia and the regreening of Jakarta, and is active in the conservation of Indonesian Heritage sites.
Graduate in mechanical and industrial engineering from the Bandung Institute of Technology.
- Chairman and CEO of the Pesik International Group, a diversified group of 50 companies
- Owner of Kopi Kamu (famous retailer coffee shop)
- Chairman and CEO of PT Birotika Semesta, the local partner of DHL International
- First director of PT Caraka Yasa
- First director of PT Indonesia Kebanggaanku
- First director of Mitrapiranti Usaha
- Chairman of Jogja Bangkit Kembali
- First commissioner, PT Fortune Star
- Chapter chairman of INSEAD Indonesia (French management institute)
- Chairman of the INSEAD alumni organization in Indonesia.
- Chapter chairman of the Young Presidents Organization (YPO) Indonesia
- Member of the World Presidents Organization (WPO) Indonesia
- Member of the Chief Executive Organization (CEO) Indonesia
- Leader of the Indonesian Couriers Association (Asperindo)
- Organiser of the International Coffee Exhibition
- Organiser of several international beauty pageants (Miss Coffee, Asian African Beauty Pageant)
- Chairman of the Miss Indonesia Foundation
- Member of the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Kadin), particularly in the foreign investment and international trade department.
- Member of the WTO negotiating team, issues related to customs and trading facilities.
- Vice president of the ASEAN Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI).
- First chairman of the ASEAN Business Advisory Council (ABAC)
- First chairman of the ASEAN Business and Investment Summit (A-BIS)
- Chairman of the CEO-circle, publishing CEO Magazine
- Member of the Board of Inacraft